Deepen and enliven your practice of self-compassion right in the thorny realities of your own life.
This class offers an extended opportunity to practice and integrate the self-compassion skills you learned in Mindful Self-Compassion or any other similar class. Together with a small group of fellow travelers on the path, you can experience losing the path and finding it, as we humans do, with flexibility and kindness.
Together, we will:
- Start each class with a formal guided meditation
- Take time to speak with mindful kindness about what we noticed in the meditation
- Address the issue for the week
- Consider the practice for the coming week
In the process, we will address your questions about actually practicing MSC when at work, with our families, friends, and most of all, with yourself!
This class promotes give-and-take between members, to address living dilemmas we can all learn from. Homework will be suggested each week
- Welcome back to practicing Self-Compassion. Where are you now? What are you hoping for?
- Find or remember our motivating values to enliven our hope; self-compassion in the face of inner and outer barriers
- Look at where we most need self-compassion in our everyday lives
- Savor the good while living with difficult emotions
- Practice trusting our limits as we care for others
- Consider what support will work best for your continuing practice
Sustaining rate (This allows for additional support beyond the base cost to help offer financial support to others in need.)
Base rate (This is the base cost to participate in this program which includes paying teachers and operating costs of the center.)
Subsidized rate (This rate is reserved for those in financial hardship and for members of marginalized groups who request additional support.)