This class started on Sept 24th. To join starting class #2 on Oct 1st please click register (to the left) and email firstname.lastname@example.org for any makeup work from class #1.
Welcome back to Mindful Self-Compassion. Join us as we deepen and enliven our practice amidst the thorny realities of day-to- day life. This class offers an extended opportunity to practice and integrate the self- compassion skills you learned in Mindful Self-Compassion class or the Short Course in Mindful Self-Compassion. Together with a small group of fellow travelers, you can experience losing the path and finding it again and again–as we humans do, with flexibility and kindness.
Together, we will:
- Start each class with a formal guided meditation
- Address the topic for the week (i.e., working with shame, forgiveness, learning how to “take in” the good even when contending with difficult emotions)
- Consider where we most need self-compassion in our everyday lives–at work, with our families, friends, and most of all, with ourselves!
At the end of this course, students will:
- apply MSC tools while at work
- identify and understand which negative core beliefs, family history and cultural antecedents may contribute to feelings of shame
- describe a strategy/exercise using MSC tools for identifying, understanding and meeting unmet emotional needs with self-compassion
- identify and become familiar with two MSC strategies for “taking in the good” and correcting for the negativity bias
- discuss and demonstrate how gratitude can generate positive emotions
We will meet for 4 consecutive Thursday evenings at 5pm PT.
- September 24th
- October 1st
- October 8th
- October 15th
Prerequisite: completion of a Mindful-Self Compassion course
Psychologists: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This course offers 4.0 CE credit.
California licensed MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, LCSWs: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. 6.0 CE credit may be applied to your license renewal through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. For those licensed outside California, please check with your local licensing board to determine if CE credit is accepted.
Nurses: UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the California Board ofRegistered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16351, for xx CE credit.