Let’s face it: life is full of ups and downs, good times and bad. Not a single one of us is exempt from this. In Buddhism, these constantly shifting conditions are called The Eight Worldly Winds: pleasure and pain, gain and loss, praise and blame, and fame and disrepute. One form or another of these winds blows through our lives each and every day, sometimes many times. For most of us, these changing circumstances trigger a variety of responses that can range from frustration, anger, and aversion to gratitude, joy, and compassion. We will explore ways in which we can skillfully ride the worldly winds rather than being buffeted by them, and cultivate equanimity even amidst the storms of life.
- Location Santa Monica Meditation Center
- Experience Levels All
- This class is a donation based class. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:45 PM
Suggested Donation: $150