Sorry, that was Anxiety talking. Anxiety has a way of capturing our attention and forcing us to run around in circles. It tells us it’s trying to protect us, but it’s either incompetent and unable to tell the difference between possibility and probability, or it’s trying to keep us trapped in an Anxiety Spiral just so it can keep us scared and boss us around.
Either way: Isn’t it exhausting?
Mindfulness offers strategies and practices for managing the negative and sometimes relentless effects of Anxiety. In this drop-in class you can:
- Learn some of the mechanics of Anxiety: What it is, how it does what it does, why it does what it does,
- Learn to calm your body when Anxiety activates it,
- Learn how to redirect attention away from the horror stories Anxiety tells you and toward something you need to focus on or something more soothing,
- Learn how to “be with” Anxiety when you can’t get it to shut up or go away,
- Develop your own package of practices for managing and overcoming Anxiety