Prerequisite: MSC, SC-MSC, Core Skills, or Fierce Self-Compassion.
Welcome back to Mindful Self-Compassion. Join us as we deepen and enliven our practice amidst the thorny realities of day-to- day life. This class offers an extended opportunity to practice and integrate the self-compassion skills you learned in Mindful Self-Compassion class or the Short Course in Mindful Self-Compassion. Together with a small group of fellow travelers, you can experience losing the path and finding it again and again–as we humans do, with flexibility and kindness.
Together, we will:
- Start each class with a formal guided meditation
- Address the topic for the week (i.e., working with shame, forgiveness, learning how to “take in” the good even when contending with difficult emotions)
- Consider where we most need self-compassion in our everyday lives–at work, with our families, friends, and most of all, with ourselves!
At the end of this course, students will:
- Apply MSC tools while at work
- Identify and understand which negative core beliefs, family history and cultural antecedents may contribute to feelings of shame
- Describe a strategy/exercise using MSC tools for identifying, understanding and meeting unmet emotional needs with self-compassion
- Identify and become familiar with two MSC strategies for “taking in the good” and correcting for the negativity bias
- Discuss and demonstrate how gratitude can generate positive emotions
Schedule (Wednesdays 5-6:15pm PT):
Testimonials from Wendy’s MSC and SC-MSC Students:
This was a beautiful moment of my week that I really looked forward to. I thought the class length was perfect for my busy schedule, and just long enough to center myself and my busy mind in order to lovingly connect with myself and be present in the moment with my teacher and classmates. During this very trying national time, I was so grateful that I had this class to look forward to. I would start the class frazzled, body tired and mind racing, and by the end feel so relaxed and in tune with myself, and grateful for connecting with others in this way. The teacher was wonderful and provided what felt like a deep, quiet healing space that invited us all in.
Wendy’s words are priceless. She has left quite an imprint on all of us and I will definitely continue with her future classes. Her mediations are artfully guided and explanations clear and non-judgmental. I feel like the universe has granted me an unexpected gift. She have a skill, talent, gift that is rare to ever be with.
I highly recommend this course – it will deepen your understanding and practice of self compassion, whether you are a beginner or an advanced practitioner with many years of meditation experience. Wendy is Absolutely incredible. Very accessible, warm, yet scientific and grounded. Simply could not be improved upon.
Psychologists: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This course offers 4.0 CE credit.
California licensed MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, LCSWs: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. 4.0 CE credit may be applied to your license renewal through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. For those licensed outside California, please check with your local licensing board to determine if CE credit is accepted.
Nurses: UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the California Board ofRegistered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16351, for 4 CE credit.