Whether coping with ordinary disappointments or extraordinary disasters, with major losses or transitions into an uncertain future, this daylong guides you through the experiential practices most effective in cultivating the resilience mindset that helps transform any adversity into learning and growth.
You will learn to integrate practices from Western psychology and the Buddhist wisdom tradition to deepen mindful empathy and self-compassion, connect in relationships that are healthy and nourishing, reverse the impacts of any stress or trauma, and use conscious reflection to discern options and make the wise choices that lead to thriving and flourishing.
* Demonstrate three practices of breath, touch, movement that help return the autonomic nervous system to baseline equilibrium and calm
* Explain the effect of practicing positive emotions on the functioning of the brain
* Teach three practices from the mindful self-compassion protocol to foster awareness and self acceptance
* Teach three mindfulness practices that create shifts in perspective and foster choices
* Explain three practices of mindful self-care that help avoid compassion fatigue and burn out
* List five factors of post traumatic growth
Psychologists: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by theAmerican Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness maintains responsibility for this program and itscontent. This course offers 4.5 CE credit.
California licensed MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, LCSWs: Continuing Education Credit for this program is provided by UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness. The UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. 4.5 CE credit may be applied to your license renewal throughthe California Board of Behavioral Sciences. For those licensed outside California, please check with your local licensing board to determine if CE credit is accepted.
Nurses: UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16351, for 5.25 contact hours.