Sometimes we think that if we’re neurodiverse, we cannot meditate. But there are many ways to personalize the practice of mindfulness to make it work for you.
Join InsightLA Facilitators Lisette Palley and Megan Heiser for this 6-class series on the essentials of mindfulness for the neurodiverse community.
Essentials of Mindfulness
We are very happy to present the first Essentials of Mindfulness at Insight L.A. with offerings specifically for the Neurodiverse community. If you often feel like your atypical mind inhibits you from pausing to find genuine moments of rest and peace in your life please come and join us to find out how it is possible to experience harmony of mind!
It is often believed that having a neurodivrese mind makes it impossible for one to establish and maintain a thriving meditation practice. In our 6 weeks together you will have the opportunity to identify and release the misgivings that may keep you from meditating and to find your own unique Mindfulness practice that you will be able to utilize in your everyday life.
In this class you will:
- Uncover personal misgivings and cultural myths that inhibit you from meditating.
- Explore Mindfulness alternatives (including rituals and habits) to support a meditation practice that is both practical and personalized.
- Learn to honor your own unique meditation practice needs (your body, emotions and mind) as well as safely challenge yourself to be flexible.
- Understand the foundations of Mindfulness and how to apply them in your daily life.
- Have the opportunity to engage with a community of participants who are learning to be mindful with similar strengths and challenges.
- Explore ways to find harmony with and nourish the mind you have; instead of judging, resisting or trying to fix it.
Whether you are new to meditation or an experienced practitioner, we invite you to join us. Together we will create a safe, comfortable environment with the freedom to ask questions, experiment with new ideas, and learn to trust your own innate wisdom,
Who is this class series for?
This 6-class series is for anyone who identifies as neurodiverse and wants to learn more about the benefits of mindfulness and how to practice.
Whether you want to begin a meditation practice or would like to enhance your practice we invite you to join us for this online series.
Where is this class series located?
This is an online event. Join us LIVE on Zoom from the comfort of your own home or another safe space. Zoom details will be sent automatically a few minutes after you register.
Schedule: Class meets on Wednesdays, 6:00 – 7:30pm Pacific time
- October 11th
- October 18th
- October 25th
- November 1st
- November 8th
- November 15th