Gullu Singh, JD
Senior Teacher, Teacher Council
Gulwinder “Gullu” Singh is a corporate real estate attorney who regularly teaches both secular and Buddhist classes and groups at InsightLA and at Spirit Rock Meditation Center, has taught mindfulness at the University of Southern California and has been a guest lecturer on mindfulness at UCLA Law School. Although he was exposed to meditation as a child, he found his own practice when he started his legal career, working at firms where the mindsets were insane and as a result, the job was extremely stressful.
Gullu spends several weeks per year teaching and attending silent meditation retreats.
Gullu is deeply inspired to share meditation as an antidote to stress, a way to cope more effectively with the challenges of work and life and to inject more sanity, compassion and wisdom into this world and to the Buddhist path of practice as a way to experience more freedom as we move through the world.
Training and education:
- Completed the prestigious 4-year Spirit Rock Meditation Center Teacher Training ending in 2020
- Completed the Training to be Authorized to Teach Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Completed InsightLA 1 Year Mindfulness Facilitator Training
- Completed the Dedicated Practitioner Program – a two-year, five-retreat study program – at Spirit Rock Meditation Center.
- BA from Duke University in Economics
- J.D. from the University of Southern California Center.
- Recognized as a California SuperLawyer in 2009